There is a multitude of reasons why McAfee error code 10054 occurs, one of them is the gateway or firewall interfering or is at conflict with some files of the software mcafee.com/activate such as .tar file or.zip or dat file.
There are a few solutions to fix this error and are enlisted below
Disabling the test file (EICAR) detection.
You need to disable the EICAR file detection on your firewall, do so by
- Opening the firewall settings and plug into the web configuration of it.
- Choose the Gateway anti-virus, security services option.
- Next, to this, you will see an option that says configure AV settings of gateways, select that.
- Furthermore, you will see an option that says disable EICAR test file identification, choose this option, now you can see if the issue has been resolved.
Keeping your system drivers updated
If you suspect that the system you are using has outdated drivers you can rectify this by updating them to a newer version, the updating of drivers is essential as these are a medium for the hardware and software of your system to interact with each other. For instance, if a computer is not updated for a long time it can become prone to outside attacks such as malicious viruses or malware.
You can catch these viruses because your system is not functioning properly due to no latest update installed in it, this will result in a sluggish and lagging performance which can overall hamper your system’s lifespan.
Check the model number of your system and visit the manufacturer’s website to download the appropriate drives necessary, you can proceed to restart the machine after it has been updated with the necessary drivers required.
Launching the Mc-pre-install facility mcafee.com/activate
When you have tried to resolve the issue by using the above two methods then you can use the facility tool into resolving this issue
- Once you have finished downloading the tool, you can unzip the file, after this, you can copy pre-install_tool.exe.
- Now you can double click on this exe file and it should begin to display you the guidelines into installing the McAfee program again.
- When the procedure is finished, see if the problem has been resolved or is it still persisting.
Checking the DNS
In case you are facing issues about DNS because of the installation problems mcafee.com/activate, then please modify the network card’s DNS configuration to the public server. This can go a long way in helping you get rid of this error.
If by all means, you have reached a point where it does not work out and you don’t find any other working alternative, then please feel free to get in touch with our expert team of technicians, you can just place a call to our customer support team and they will be glad to assist you by giving step by step clear instructions that can help you in resolving this error. Our customer support is available 24/7.
Robert Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products at mcafee.com/activate or www.mcafee.com/activate .